[Tema Off] Liberación del Kernel (Full) MTK 6589

alex_tej

Simdualero de Plata
Móvil
Zopo ZP910
Hey! Os traigo una gran noticia:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/down...d-16-0-a-0-36/
*Ya se esta investigando en XDA sobre el nuevo archivo subido antes eran 99mb ahora son 200mb y una vez descomprimido son unos 2,2gb, esperemos que pronto traiga sus frutos.*

Una de las mejores noticias que podemos tener, es que Sony decidiera poner un MTK en un móvil suyo, el Sony C, gracias a esto y a la acción de varias personas, posiblemente Mediatek tenga que liberar el Kernel al 100%, por ahora solo había liberado lo que le había dado la gana y no podías compilar un kernel ni hacer nada por que faltaban archivos, pero la licencia de software libre y gracias a varias denuncias que pesan sobre MTK, han echo que liberen o den a Sony el resto de archivos y sera Sony la que los libere en su pagina de Desarrolladores.

A continuación pego un post de XDA donde se habla de ello y la respuesta de Sony

Originally Posted by curl66:blush:
To all of you owning or like to buy a MTK based device!

To get proper source there must be prressure to companies manufacturing these devices. Since they are located mostly in china there can not be much done there.
BUT .... also dealer and distributors are bound to laws and have to respect the gpl. Especially in EU.
SO ... if you find a dealer / distributor who sell those devices, please mail them friendly about the source code. of course most of them will not reply or dont understand what you want.
THEN contact your local FSF chapter and report the dealer and the brand/device which no source is available.
They take legal action about it!
At the end the vendor have to choose. selling devices in EU and release source or these devices get banned sooner or later. This will take some months! its a long shot but this is the only one!

SO ITS ON YOU! DO IT!

I already made alot of work on that !

- I sent an letter to ANACON (The Portuguese ISP Comp, that deals with this matters).

- Also emailed Mediatek and four brands about it, looks like Sony re-read my email and did what i asked!
Told them, the sources where incompleted, and they should compile an kernel from their own sources, now they released an public statement, that they will add the rest of the sources, it's good news but sadly this is ONLY for the MT6589.

Originally Posted by Crybertrance
Good Work dude seriously!
forum.xda_developers.com_images_smilies_highfive.png

Can you please post the link to the public announcement?
forum.xda_developers.com_images_smilies_rolleyes.png

Enlace roto eliminado

http://developer.sonymobile.com/down...d-16-0-a-0-36/
from Sony's :

Quote:
*Partial build. Full build will be available shortly.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------Quote:
Originally Posted by gbl08ma:blush:
Sony, in the smartphone area, has from what I know a good record in regards to respecting open source licenses. Let's see what comes.

Also, today I noticed the Fairphone which aims to be so politically and socially correct, uses the MTK 6589 SoC but there doesn't appear to be any kind of source code released (however, I found a blog post from July that says they are "working on it").

I find this funny (and i say funny, not to be rude...)
Lenovo / ZTE / where just two of the comp. that promise to release source code for the MT6577.... 1 year later...... sources still incompleted....

I really wish Sony can break "the wall" of Mediatek's Closed Source in this new SoC.

I will be (partially) happy !

Lo que mas interesa de todo esto son estas palabras de Sony:

from Sony's :

Quote:
*Partial build. Full build will be available shortly.

Última edición por un moderador:
Esto es del mes de agosto y no se puede hacer nada, porque no publican la parte de los drivers que hace falta para compilar.

Del blog

Es tendencia

¿Ha terminado la locura de añadir tantas cámaras a los móviles?

• Si

• No

• No lo se

• Ya me gustaría...

• Ya te gustaría...

Los resultados solo son visibles tras votar.
Atrás