New Alcatel 918D Firmware: V23AAM0

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

szucsati

Simdualero Junior
Sorry for the English post, I don't speak Spanish :(.

Just received an e-mail from Alcatel saying there's a new firmware.

Before you use one touch upgrade, please perform the following steps:
Right click "One touch upgrade S 1.7.6" on your desktop--"Properties"--"Shortcut"--"Find Target"--"downloaded"--Please delete all the files here.
Then you can upgrade your phone with one touch upgrade smoothly to the latest software version "V23AAM0" which is higher than " V23AAG0".

I asked for a change log but there isn't any apparently.

I flashed it, but unfortunately I can't root it :(. I hope someone can do it and share the rooted, but otherwise untouched system.img!

Última edición por un moderador:
Sorry for the English post, I don't speak Spanish :(.

Just received an e-mail from Alcatel saying there's a new firmware.

I asked for a change log but there isn't any apparently.

I flashed it, but unfortunately I can't root it :(. I hope someone can do it and share the rooted, but otherwise untouched system.img!

Hello, do you have in the folder dowload the file rom unloaded?, or, the firmware update?
If you have it, can you raise it to www.mediafire.com and to give me the discharge link to try I hope with it root?

I have just tried to update and to me me no update appears.

Greetings.

I uploaded the download folder here: Enlace roto eliminado (it's 660MB!)

Although I'm not sure if it will help, if the tool doesn't detect if there's a newer version. Please check that you have the latest update tool.
My device had the rooted E firmware, the one I downloaded from the other topic from your post.

I tried again and I just can't root it. I tried to do it manually, no luck. It declines running a lot of commands. I can't even run tar.

I uploaded the download folder here: Enlace roto eliminado (it's 660MB!)

Although I'm not sure if it will help, if the tool doesn't detect if there's a newer version. Please check that you have the latest update tool.
My device had the rooted E firmware, the one I downloaded from the other topic from your post.

I tried again and I just can't root it. I tried to do it manually, no luck. It declines running a lot of commands. I can't even run tar.

Let's see if I understand:

You've downloaded the update V23AAM0, but have installed our Original system.img V23AAE0. Is that correct?

You have installed the recovery of linerty that is in the rom thread of blue puzzle? If so, install the recovery following the steps detailed and tell me how you have done. I think we can get root on V23AM0 version.

Greetings and thanks for uploading the firmware V23AAM0.

I have been using the rooted V23AAE0 firmware, taken from here: https://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema...roid-2-3-5).9022?p=65359&viewfull=1#post65359 / http://www.mediafire.com/?f4dahqmmucqha9c

I only had this system.img flashed, nothing else. I took the Alcatel Update tool. It ran nicely and updated to V23AAM0.
I actually did this twice, after installing V23AAM0 I re-flashed the V23AAE0 system.img and the update ran fine again. So I recommend you to flash that image and try the update tool.

If you manage to root the new version, please upload somewhere an image which is rooted but nothing else is modified. Thanks.

I have been using the rooted V23AAE0 firmware, taken from here: https://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema/TUTORIAL-ROOT-ALCATEL-OT-918-D-%28Android-2-3-5%29.9022?p=65359&viewfull=1#post65359 / http://www.mediafire.com/?f4dahqmmucqha9c

I only had this system.img flashed, nothing else. I took the Alcatel Update tool. It ran nicely and updated to V23AAM0.
I actually did this twice, after installing V23AAM0 I re-flashed the V23AAE0 system.img and the update ran fine again. So I recommend you to flash that image and try the update tool.

If you manage to root the new version, please upload somewhere an image which is rooted but nothing else is modified. Thanks.

OK. But I'm working on another project. If I can do root and let me tell you.

Anyway new rom comes as discharged, unless it is updated by alcatel update, I can not take advantage of your download.

I tested my phone and there is no update for it.

Thank you, greetings.

Estado
Cerrado para nuevas respuestas.

Del blog

¿Ha terminado la locura de añadir tantas cámaras a los móviles?

• Si

• No

• No lo se

• Ya me gustaría...

• Ya te gustaría...

Los resultados solo son visibles tras votar.
Atrás