TUTORIAL Redimensionar memoria MQ8 EHEAR

RugaL

Simdualero de Oro
Móvil
Lenovo K3 Note
Y sobre redimensionar el espacio de la partición system, conseguí que me hiciesen unos archivos MBR para aumentar la memoria un desarrollador de XDA. Aquí os dejo los archivos y la conversación completa, para el que se anime a aumentar la memoria. En la conversación el usuario opina que es posible que los 32Gb de ROM sean fake, dado que al flashear sus MBRs la capacidad final no es la que él ajustó.

El hilo original es el siguiente: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=59851794#post59851794

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugalcs
Hello to everyone!
Anyone knows if the MT8389 from my EHEAR MQ8 tablet is possible to modify its primary partition? It has only 1GB for installing apps, and the rest of the 32GB for internal memory.

I read the following in a forum:

According to this, the MT8389 is the variant tablet chipset of the MT6589, built for phones. In the first post there area files for the MT6589, so will they be valid for it?

Here are the specs of the tablet:

CPU Brand: MTK
CPU: MTK8389
Core: Quad Core, 1.2GHz
RAM: 1GB
ROM: 32GB
External memory: Not support TF card
Support Network: 2G, Built-in 3G, WiFi
WiFi: 802.11b/g/n wireless internet
Network type: GSM+WCDMA
Frequency: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 900/2100MHz
3G : Built in 3G (WCDMA)
GPS: Yes
Bluetooth: Yes

Any suggestion for it?
Regards!
rugalcs

Originally Posted by ghost45
Post your ebr files here.... And i will try to help you!

Thanks @ghost45 ! Here are the files and some pics of the hardware info device. Look that the MTK Droid says that the hardware does not match with the phone, but I think that is due to the MT8389 is not recognised by it.

Thanks again, friend!
cdn3.xda_developers.com_images_smilies_wink.png

i214.photobucket.com_albums_cc28_rugalcs_EHEAR_20MQ8_th_Screen529adf0c30f010742bb4336604f383b5.png
i214.photobucket.com_albums_cc28_rugalcs_EHEAR_20MQ8_th_Screen7d9ef70826238ea8495c569ce51e1d9d.png
i214.photobucket.com_albums_cc28_rugalcs_EHEAR_20MQ8_th_screenshot_zpsucydgpad.jpg

Originally Posted by ghost45
Hi Rugalcs,
so i have seen this situation:

You tablet have about + or -
System = 680 Mb
data = 1 Gb
cache = 132Mb

These are my Mod:
8-10-12 gb of data.
http://d-h.st/NJSn

According me could be make a mod also in the System and Cache .....but to avoid problem and brick i leave to the standard level.
tell me if is run .
Rebember to flash in increase partition (1gb to ---->5-10-12 ecc )You will not have probelms,

but if you decrease partition (12gb to ---->10-8 -1gb ecc )probably you will lost all the app installed previously, and the tablet could ask to you to continue to format all data.
Remember also to copy the two ebr files (previously renamed in correct way like ebr1xxgb to real name ebr1 and the same to ebr2xx ---->in ebr2.
see you

Thanks for your help and for the files!
So, to replace the EBR files I have to do the following, isn't? (Correct me if I am wrong, please!):

1 - In the MTK Droid Root, go to the root, backup, recovery tab and press the "To prepare blocks for Flash tools" and select the "files.md5" from the backup folder.
1 - Go to the tablet's backup folder of the MTK Droid Tools, and then in the folder !Files_to_Flashtool" I replace the originals EBR1 & EBR2 (making a backup firstly, of course) with the new ones EBR files. First the 8 GB files and try, and if I want an increment, I have to do it with the 10 GB and later with the 12 GB.
2 - Verify the Preloader mode drivers are installed, and disconnect the tablet.
3 - Run the Flashtool and select the scatter loading of the "!Files_to_Flashtool". Just select only the EBR files, verifying the path is correct to the "!Files_to_Flashtool"
4 - Press Download button and reconect the phone.
5 - If everything go well, the tablet will start with the new partition size.

Is this correct? If be, I'll do it today.
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by ghost45Hi,
Yes is more intricate but the result is the same.
If you have had the official firmware you must only replace the original ebrs files in the firmware folder with the new two ebr files with the same name(remember) and after run flashtool select the scatter and when appear all the flag to the all firmware's files you must select the preloader and only the two files, make download and the procedure is end!

The preloader too? I follow this video and it says that never select the preloader... is there any problem if I don't select it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1143&v=rDf6SpuOuz4

Thanks again!

Edit: I made it, selecting only the EBR files (without the preloader) and when android boots, it gives this notification: "USB storage is damage". Is possible that you have to format again". In settings, storage, there only an Internal storage of 3,94 GB, without External storage.

Do I have to format, or anything else?

If you say the memory is damage ... Is Because the new memory is not recognized from the S. O. And you must say yes to format the secondary partition... After you will have the secondary partition with new size.
That's all.
The previous step... To select the preloader is not always that need to be selected but sometimes the flashtool not start the process to flash so sometime must be selected to start the process to flash.

Thanks for your fast help, ghost!

First of all, I'm going to invite you a beer due to your help, I think It's the least I can do for you.
cdn3.xda_developers.com_images_smilies_redface.png

After doing the format of the usb storage, I did the flash of the 10gb EBRs, but now I only have 1,97 GB of internal (before I had 3,94 Gb).
How can I increase the internal storage?

Thankssss!

I suppose that your table have fake memory because the ebr is build in the right way..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Adjuntos

• EBR1_EBR2-MQ8-Mtk8389.zip
    3,9 KB · Visitas: 22
Alguno lo ha probado ya? Es por saber cómo os quedan las particiones tras el flasheo.
A ver ya voy a probarlo que yo tengo la rom pero estos a mi no me valen porque la mia es de 16GB hay un hilo, a ver si lo busco de XDA con diferentes particiones.

Alguno lo ha probado ya? Es por saber cómo os quedan las particiones tras el flasheo.
El hilo de xda es el que has puesto pero no se porque me sonaba que había otro,los tuyos me daban error porque son 32 GB y con los de xda también no se porque,deverian a ver sido compatibles,pero tampoco había una partición que me gustara DE 4 O 5 GB.

Asi que he buscado los de una rom que conocía y he flaseado toda la rom con esos EBR,al reiniciar me ha saltado un aviso de formatear la particion le he dado y ya esta.

Screenshot_2010-01-01-08-04-01.png
Screenshot_2010-01-01-08-04-36.png

Tendrás una copia de la ROM si sacaste los EBR.

Última edición:

Del blog

Es tendencia

¿Ha terminado la locura de añadir tantas cámaras a los móviles?

• Si

• No

• No lo se

• Ya me gustaría...

• Ya te gustaría...

Los resultados solo son visibles tras votar.
Atrás