PROBLEMA TWRP can not backup because device always Encrypted

emiX

Simdualero de Bronce
all ROM version, custom ROMs have same issue:

Even if format or wipe data partition, after next new start device is automatically Enctypt, see in
SETTINGS > Security > Encryption > phone is encrypted
Function is gray out so It is not possible to tap on it and decrypt. Decrypt password is not known.

Does anybody know how to prevent this automatic encryption and use non encrypted device with working TWRP backups and restoration?

Translator to Spanish:
toda la versión ROM, las ROM personalizadas tienen el mismo problema:

Incluso si formatea o borra la partición de datos, después de que el nuevo dispositivo de inicio esté automáticamente Enctypt, vea en
AJUSTES> Seguridad> Cifrado> el teléfono está encriptado
La función está gris, por lo que no es posible tocarla y descifrarla. Descifrar la contraseña no se conoce.

¿Alguien sabe cómo evitar este cifrado automático y utilizar un dispositivo no cifrado con copias de seguridad y restauración TWRP en funcionamiento?

all ROM version, custom ROMs have same issue:

Even if format or wipe data partition, after next new start device is automatically Enctypt, see in
SETTINGS > Security > Encryption > phone is encrypted
Function is gray out so It is not possible to tap on it and decrypt. Decrypt password is not known.

Does anybody know how to prevent this automatic encryption and use non encrypted device with working TWRP backups and restoration?

Translator to Spanish:
toda la versión ROM, las ROM personalizadas tienen el mismo problema:

Incluso si formatea o borra la partición de datos, después de que el nuevo dispositivo de inicio esté automáticamente Enctypt, vea en
AJUSTES> Seguridad> Cifrado> el teléfono está encriptado
La función está gris, por lo que no es posible tocarla y descifrarla. Descifrar la contraseña no se conoce.

¿Alguien sabe cómo evitar este cifrado automático y utilizar un dispositivo no cifrado con copias de seguridad y restauración TWRP en funcionamiento?

¿Que versión de TWRP utilizas?

¿Que versión de TWRP utilizas?

version yours TWRP 3.2.1 by Feligres (NAT)
but others TWRPs by Jemmini have same problem.
I think that it is not by the TRWP but by the ROM when first time starting after wipe. Just look into your settings and you will see it same as TWRP backups/restoration of user data are not possible.
Are you able to disable it in your custom ROMs ?

Spanish translation:
versión suya TWRP 3.2.1 por Feligres (NAT)
pero otros TWRP de Jemmini tienen el mismo problema.
Creo que no es por el TRWP sino por la ROM la primera vez que se inicia después de la limpieza. Simplemente mire en su configuración y la verá igual que las copias de seguridad TWRP / restauración de datos de usuario no son posibles.
¿Puedes deshabilitarlo en tus ROM personalizadas?

version yours TWRP 3.2.1 by Feligres (NAT)
but others TWRPs by Jemmini have same problem.
I think that it is not by the TRWP but by the ROM when first time starting after wipe. Just look into your settings and you will see it same as TWRP backups/restoration of user data are not possible.
Are you able to disable it in your custom ROMs ?

Spanish translation:
versión suya TWRP 3.2.1 por Feligres (NAT)
pero otros TWRP de Jemmini tienen el mismo problema.
Creo que no es por el TRWP sino por la ROM la primera vez que se inicia después de la limpieza. Simplemente mire en su configuración y la verá igual que las copias de seguridad TWRP / restauración de datos de usuario no son posibles.
¿Puedes deshabilitarlo en tus ROM personalizadas?

Hola @emiX

Yo no tengo el problema que comentas con mi recovery TWRP 3.2.1

Si que es cierto que con el recovery de Jemmini, realizando todos los wipes, format data, reiniciando de nuevo en recovery, al restaurar un backup no restaura los datos. Eso lo tengo comprobado. Por eso hice el port de otro recovery que no tuviera el problema.

Pero eso no ocurre con mi recovery. Todos estos backups los tengo guardados en mi SD_ Externa y se restauran sin ningún problema:

Backups.png

Como ves en la captura, tengo bakcups hasta de portroms que estoy realizando y probando. Me restaura los datos siempre, incluso haciendo una wipe total y un format data, y reiniciando de nuevo en recovery antes de cargar el backup que quiero. Y por supuesto que me lo carga con la particion data también.

Si que puedo seleccionar o no seleccionar que el TWRP restaure los datos de un backup:

bakc2.png
back1.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi @emiX

Sorry for by bad english....

I do not have the problem you mention with my TWRP 3.2.1

If it is true that with the Jemmini recovery, making all the wipes, format data, restarting in recovery, restoring a backup does not restore the data. I have that checked. That's why I made the port of another recovery that did not have the problem.

But that does not happen with my TWRP. All these backups I have stored in my SD_ External and are restored without any problem:

Backups.png

As you see in the capture, I have bakcups up to portroms that I am making and testing (Vernee, Oukitel, Blackiew). It always restores the data to me, even making a total wipe and a format data, and restarting in recovery before loading the backup that I want. And of course I load it with the data partition as well.

If I can select or not select the TWRP to restore the data from a backup:

bakc2.png
back1.png

@emiX en ninguna rom me aparece eso que comentas:

AJUSTES> Seguridad> Cifrado>

A mi me aparece correctamente:
Screenshot_20180427-150348.png

Thank you Feligres, but I mean this encryption:

upload_2018-4-27_16-27-40.png

This Encrypted phone is always after first start. What I need is backup User Data partition with all app and settings, which is not possible if Phone is here encrypted because TWRP can not see that data.

After my all wipe attempts the system first start with Encrypted data automaticaly (all original ROMS and all CustomROMs too), so yours TWRP always ask for Password to decrypt data which I don't know, then "Backup" > "Data (excl.storage)" is always 0MB and can not be mount and it is impossible to backup/restore that partition.

So what is the procedure of wipping and formatting data in yours TWRP 3.2.1 to not have Encrypted phone?

in Spanish translated:
After all my erase attempts, the system first automatically starts with the encrypted data (all the original ROMS and all the CustomROMs), so your TWRP always asks for the password to decrypt the data that I do not know, then "CBackup"> "Data (excluding storage)" is always 0MB and can not be mounted and it is impossible to backup / restore that partition.

So, what is the procedure of adjusting and formatting data in your TWRP 3.2.1 to not have an encrypted phone?

Última edición:
Thank you Feligres, but I mean this encryption:

upload_2018-4-27_16-27-40.png

This Encrypted phone is always after first start. What I need is backup User Data partition with all app and settings, which is not possible if Phone is here encrypted because TWRP can not see that data.

After my all wipe attempts the system first start with Encrypted data automaticaly (all original ROMS and all CustomROMs too), so yours TWRP always ask for Password to decrypt data which I don't know, then "Backup" > "Data (excl.storage)" is always 0MB and can not be mount and it is impossible to backup/restore that partition.

So what is the procedure of wipping and formatting data in yours TWRP 3.2.1 to not have Encrypted phone?

in Spanish translated:
After all my erase attempts, the system first automatically starts with the encrypted data (all the original ROMS and all the CustomROMs), so your TWRP always asks for the password to decrypt the data that I do not know, then "CBackup"> "Data (excluding storage)" is always 0MB and can not be mounted and it is impossible to backup / restore that partition.

So, what is the procedure of adjusting and formatting data in your TWRP 3.2.1 to not have an encrypted phone?

Cuando en el TWRP te aparezca la primera pantalla en la que te informa que la particion data esta encriptada, lo que tienes que hacer es:
-Deslizar el botón que aparece de abajo.
-Entraras en la pantalla principal del TWRP
-Entrar en Wipe---Advance Wipe---Seleccionar datos, y deslizar el botón de abajo para realizar la limpieza.

Con eso, nos desencriptara la partición data, y perdermos nuestros datos, dejandonos la rom como la primera vez que encendemos el smartphone. Pero podremos usar el TWRP ya de una manera normal a partir de ahora.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the first screen appears in the TWRP informing you that the data partition is encrypted, what you have to do is:

-Lift the button that appears below.
-You enter the main screen of the TWRP
--Enter Wipe --- Advance Wipe --- Select data, and slide the button below to perform the cleaning.

With that, we decrypt the data partition, and lose our data, leaving the rom as the first time we turn on the smartphone. But we can use the TWRP already in a normal way from now on.

Cuando en el TWRP te aparezca la primera pantalla en la que te informa que la particion data esta encriptada, lo que tienes que hacer es:
-Deslizar el botón que aparece de abajo.
-Entraras en la pantalla principal del TWRP
-Entrar en Wipe---Advance Wipe---Seleccionar datos, y deslizar el botón de abajo para realizar la limpieza.

Con eso, nos desencriptara la partición data, y perdermos nuestros datos, dejandonos la rom como la primera vez que encendemos el smartphone. Pero podremos usar el TWRP ya de una manera normal a partir de ahora.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the first screen appears in the TWRP informing you that the data partition is encrypted, what you have to do is:

-Lift the button that appears below.
-You enter the main screen of the TWRP
--Enter Wipe --- Advance Wipe --- Select data, and slide the button below to perform the cleaning.

With that, we decrypt the data partition, and lose our data, leaving the rom as the first time we turn on the smartphone. But we can use the TWRP already in a normal way from now on.
Yes you have right = "we can use the TWRP in normal way from now" but only until next start system. After comming back into TWRP, the user data partition is encrypted again.

in Spanish:
Sí, tiene derecho = "podemos usar el TWRP de forma normal a partir de ahora", pero solo hasta el próximo sistema de inicio. Después de regresar a TWRP, la partición de datos del usuario se vuelve a cifrar.

Yes you have right = "we can use the TWRP in normal way from now" but only until next start system. After comming back into TWRP, the user data partition is encrypted again.

in Spanish:
Sí, tiene derecho = "podemos usar el TWRP de forma normal a partir de ahora", pero solo hasta el próximo sistema de inicio. Después de regresar a TWRP, la partición de datos del usuario se vuelve a cifrar.

@emiX a mí no me vuelve a encriptar la partición en mi TWRP 3.2.1 depúes de cualquier reinicio del smartphone.
Como has visto en las capturas de pantalla que he puesto, me funciona perfectamente.
Ahora mismo acabo de restaurar el último backup que he realizado, ya que he estado probando dos PortRoms (iHunt S9 Pro y HomTom HT70) y testear su funcionamiento.
Me ha restaurado correctamente el backup previamente realizado de la rom que llevo actualmente en el Uhans Max 2: HomTom S9 Plus PortRom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@emiX it does not re-encrypt the partition in my TWRP 3.2.1 after any restart of the smartphone.
As you've seen in the screenshots I've put, it works perfectly for me.

Right now I've just restored the last backup I've made, since I've been testing two PortRoms (iHunt S9 Pro
and HomTom HT70) and test its operation.

I have successfully restored the previously made backup of the rom that I currently carry in the Uhans Max 2: HomTom S9 Plus PortRom

I just found this article about kernel checking encryption: How to Decrypt OnePlus 5 and Disable Forced-Encryption

and check Magisk in our Uhans > it is enabled, so that is the reason why device is always encrypted, also after TWRP wipe:
upload_2018-4-27_23-3-49.png

it can not disable here, if you go out from magisk and return back, it is checked again.

Is there any way to patch kernel to disable this control of force encryption ?

Spanish translate:
Acabo de encontrar este artículo sobre kernel checking encryption: How to Decrypt OnePlus 5 and Disable Forced-Encryption
y compruebe Magisk en nuestro Uhans> está habilitado, por lo que esa es la razón por la que el dispositivo siempre está encriptado, también después de la eliminación de TWRP:

no se puede desactivar aquí, si sales de Magisk y regresas, se vuelve a verificar.
¿Hay alguna manera de parchear kernel para desactivar este control de cifrado de fuerza?

I just found this article about kernel checking encryption: How to Decrypt OnePlus 5 and Disable Forced-Encryption

and check Magisk in our Uhans > it is enabled, so that is the reason why device is always encrypted, also after TWRP wipe:
upload_2018-4-27_23-3-49.png

it can not disable here, if you go out from magisk and return back, it is checked again.

Is there any way to patch kernel to disable this control of force encryption ?

Spanish translate:
Acabo de encontrar este artículo sobre kernel checking encryption: How to Decrypt OnePlus 5 and Disable Forced-Encryption
y compruebe Magisk en nuestro Uhans> está habilitado, por lo que esa es la razón por la que el dispositivo siempre está encriptado, también después de la eliminación de TWRP:

no se puede desactivar aquí, si sales de Magisk y regresas, se vuelve a verificar.
¿Hay alguna manera de parchear kernel para desactivar este control de cifrado de fuerza?

SOLVED: with SuperSU instead of Magisk. The phone is not crypted any more after start system. You can crypt it with own password if you want. TWRP shows right size in MB of data partition. No more questions in TWRP about decrypt password.

Spanish translate:

SOLUCIONADO: con SuperSU en lugar de Magisk. El teléfono ya no está encriptado después del sistema de inicio. Puedes encriptarlo con tu propia contraseña si quieres. TWRP muestra el tamaño correcto en MB de partición de datos. No más preguntas en TWRP sobre descifrar la contraseña.

SOLVED: with SuperSU instead of Magisk. The phone is not crypted any more after start system. You can crypt it with own password if you want. TWRP shows right size in MB of data partition. No more questions in TWRP about decrypt password.

Spanish translate:

SOLUCIONADO: con SuperSU en lugar de Magisk. El teléfono ya no está encriptado después del sistema de inicio. Puedes encriptarlo con tu propia contraseña si quieres. TWRP muestra el tamaño correcto en MB de partición de datos. No más preguntas en TWRP sobre descifrar la contraseña.

Me alegro que lo hayas solucionado usando el SupeSU en lugar del MagiskSU.
Pero no entiendo que puede pasar con tu smartphone para que no fucione el Magisk.
En mi Uhans Max 2 funciona perfectamente, y es la aplicación root que eligo para mis custom roms por las posibilidades que ofrece.
Si te fijas, a mi no me aparece activado "Preserve force encryption"

1.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad you solved it using SupeSU instead of MagiskSU.
But I do not understand what can happen with your smartphone so that Magisk does not work.
In my Uhans Max 2 it works perfectly, and it is the root application that I choose for my custom roms because of the possibilities it offers.
If you notice, I do not see "Preserve force encryption" activated:

1.png

Del blog

¿Ha terminado la locura de añadir tantas cámaras a los móviles?

• Si

• No

• No lo se

• Ya me gustaría...

• Ya te gustaría...

Los resultados solo son visibles tras votar.
Atrás